3. When loading and unloading with forklift,wire rope must be used and steel wrapping tape cannot be employed directly to fetch electrode.
4. Electrode should be stored in clean and dry place.when pilling up
outdoors,it should be covered with rain-proof tarpaulin and the number of
pilling layers ought not to exceed four.
13. Electrode clamp holder must be placed between the two white guard lines clamp holder and interfaces of the electrode must be cleaned regularly to keep good touch with electrode cooling water jacket of the clamp holder should be
tight to prevent water leakage.
5. Electrode should be placed and dried beside the electric furnace in advance before using .the temperature should not exceed 150℃ and the time should
not be less than 24 hours.
6. When using electrode,special tools should be employed to cut the steel
wrapping tape,and crane should not be adopted to avoid bursting.
12. If the two poles of electrode are untouched or touched in overpressure
this may cause bad effect please refer to the rared torque in the right form.
11. Use special caliper to tight electrode according to rated torque by
mechanical way ,hydraulic pressure or wind pressure equipments should also
15. In order to avoid electrode breakage put the large materials in lower part and small materials in the upper part.
14. To avoid the electrode breakage insulating materials should not be put
into the furnace. The working current of electrode must be comformity with
the allowable current of electrode in the instructions.
2. Be careful when transporting and pilling electrode with forklift and avoid of collision.one layer of goods at a time;notice the balance and alignment and
avoid falling or breakage
10. Lift the electrode to furnace by using hoister with resilient hanger and
find out the center and move slowly downwards,screw and tight with hoop
9. Use revolved resilient hanger and put soft truss pad under the electrode
joint to avoid breakage of thread.
8. Steel-wire ball,metallic brush or emery cloth is not allowed for cleaning
electrode thread,but compressed air free of oil and water is available
7. Before connecting,clean the thread of electrode first and screw the joint to other end.don’t touch the thread,and don’t put the joint directly into the
working electrode on furnace.
Precautions for use
1. Graphite electrode should be covered with rain-proof tarpaulin in the
process of transportation